Clear, lean and full of gentle flavors, this lamb soup is one of my favorite comfort food and an easy meal for the colder days. Eat in small portions for a snack, or with flatbread and a vegetable salad for a complete family dinner.
This recipe is for 2 to 3 servings. Cooking time depends on the character of the lamb chops. The lamb will be cooked in less than 10 minutes and simmering a little longer will make it softer to chew. Sometimes I leave it simmer for an hour or so; the meat will be so soft that it melts in the mouth.
It is very important to wash the lamb chops thoroughly under running warm water, until the run off is clear. This is a crucial step for making a clear and flavorsome lamb soup.
Preparation: 5 minutes Cooking: 25 minutes
- 4 to 6 lamb shoulder chops, washed and cut into a few pieces
- 100g sweet potato noodles, soaked in warm water
- 3 slices of ginger
- ½ spring onion, cut into 5 mm sections
- ½ spring onion, chopped
- 1tsp salt
- 2 dozens of goji berries (optional)
1. Boil 4 bowel of water, put in lamb pieces, bones, spring onion sections, ginger and goji berries. Cover the pot, bring back to boil, turn the heat down and let the liquid boil very gently for about 20 minutes, or leave it to simmer for up to one hour.
2. Discard the spring onion and ginger in the lamb soup. Add salt, then sweet potato noodles. Boil for 5 minutes on medium heat. Turn off heat. Add chopped spring onion. Serve alone or with flatbread which you can make while simmering the lamb.